Now offered this 1989 Formosa 68 is in excellent condition!
Pride of ownership shows when you step aboard LIBERTE. This 68' Formosa sailing ketches is one of six that were custom built in Taiwan, then shipped to Germany for masts, rigging and sails. This centerboard model, with a retractable keel can easily be navigated in to shallow waters, allowing for the most remote locations. A mechanical sail handling system and bow thruster makes this vessel easily handled by two people. The unique layout with five cabins, plus crew and 5 heads would appeal to a private charter company or a buyer looking to travel the world. The current owner has maintained LIBERTE with an open checkbook, all while completing various upgrades throughout this vessel.
Some key features include:
- Perkins M225TI Motor
- 12K VA Diesel Generator
- New sails Throughout
- Updated solar panels
- Updated Raymarine Electronics
- Updated FLIR
- Bow Thruster
- Retractable Keel
- Water Maker
- Updated Lithium Batteries Throughout
- Updated AC Units Throughout
- Recent Bottom Paint
There is too much to list, this vessel is in sail away condition and ready for its next owners.
LIBERTE is one of six custom 68' Formosa sailing ketches built in Taiwan, shipped to Germany for masts, rigging, and sails.
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Perkins M225Ti|
|Length over all:||68'|
|Hull material:||Glass Fibre|
|Fuel capacity:||435 Gallons|
|Water capacity:||1200 Gallons|
Not for sale to U.S. Residents while in U.S. waters!
LIBERTE is one of six custom 68' Formosa sailing ketches, built in Taiwan, shipped to Germany for masts, rigging, and sails.
The boat is a long distance capable cruiser in sail away condition. It would appeal to a private charter operator or a buyer looking to travel the worlds oceans. Being a centerboard, it can sail in shallow depths.
Fully able to be sailed by two people because of it's mechanical sail handling systems and bow thruster.
There are five cabins, five bathrooms, three showers, plus crew quarters in the bow. The boat has four AC systems, Pilothouse, Salon, and cabins forward and aft.
The boat is entered from the cockpit, which has a fixed teak center table with drop sides, cushions, and 2-four speed Lewmar #65 winches. There is a full canvas side and aft covers.
Enclosed with a sliding door from the cockpit. There are two fixed skylights and one hinged glass panel that opens in the windscreen.
The helm station is to port with instrument panel and bench seat.
To starboard are two Lewmar #46 sail handling winches with lines leading from the mast. There are storage bins outboard on each side.
The galley is to starboard and entered by stairs down from the pilothouse. It is a "C" shaped galley with top access to the freezer, two refrigerators in cabinets, storage above counters, and a large stainless-steel sink with drain frack. Force propane 4-burner stove with oven.
- Splendide washer/dryer
- Deep freezer
- (2) Refrigerators
- Marmol countertops
- Gas stove, 3-burner
- Stainless-steel deep sink
- Hands free water valve
Located to port opposite the galley. Includes chart storage, main electrical control panel, gauges for AC, and batteries, 12 & 24V DC systems.
Full beam salon with settee to starboard, under seat storage, book storage outboard. There are two additional refrigerators in cabinets at the front of salon, wine storage, and drop down table.
To port is the "C" shaped settee with table and storage.
Forward guest cabins are to port and starboard with queen bunks, each with a private head and storage lockers.
These cabins share a centerline shower through two access doors.
Forward are two V-berths with access through a deck hatch. It also has access to the centerline shower and chain locker.
Located under the pilothouse cabin sole with access from port and starboard. To starboard is a work area, storage, AC system, a washer/dryer, and generator.
To port with day head with shower. Upper and lower single bunks.
Located to port and starboard with queen bunks, private heads with enclosed showers, lockers, and storage.
This boat has a lot of storage, equipment, and spare parts.
- Perkins M225TI, 225 hp engine with 5,098 hours
- 12V, 120-amp alternator
- 24V, 80-amp alternator
- New exhaust
- New injectors
- New turbos
- New 2" shaft, 2019
- New shaft bearings, 2019
- PSS shaft seal, 2019
- New 28 X 28 propeller, and spare in lazarette, May 2021
- (2) Racor filters
- Fresh water flush system
- Optima 600-amp start batteries
- 12KVA diesel generator with Racor filter and fresh water flush system, 4,000 hrs.
- Fire extinguishing system
- Gulper emergency bilge pump
- GPH meter
- Diesel cleaning
- Hynautic steering system
- Side Power bot thruster, SP 200, 24V
- 24V Dinghy davits
- 4" Vise
- Fix grinder
- ACME AC transformer - 30-amp
- Dock connection - 50-amp
- Heart inverter, 3000W, 24/120
- Victron inverter, 1800W, 12/120
- Battle Born lithium battery banks 2019 - 24V 300 Amp/H; 12V 200 amp/h
- Victron 24V charger, 100-amp
- Victron 12V charger, 60-amp
- Victron Cyrix battery combiner, 12V & 24V
- Victron charger, 254/12, 70-amp
- Newmar charger, 60-amp 24V
- Victron DC monitor system, 12V
- Victron DC monitor system, 24V
- AC monitor
- SeaBreeze 20K BTU air conditioner in salon, 2020
- SeaBreeze 16K BTU air conditioner in cockpit, 2020
- (2) Cruisair 9K BTU air conditioners
- Renogy 12V, 1400W solar panels
- Renogy 12V, 200W solar panels
- Victron 24V, 100-amp solar regulator
- Victron 12V, 100-amp solar regulator
- Wind turbine D400
- Galley Maid water pressure system
- Galley Maid wash down pressure system
- Watermaker, 30 gph, (2) 50" vessel 2021, CAT pump
- UV light water filtration system, 5-stage
- (2) Rule bilge pumps
- High water alarm
- (3) Shower sump bilge pumps
- (2) Water heaters, 20-gallons, AC
- (5) March AC waste pumps
- (2) Holding tanks, 40-gal. with Johnson macerator pumps
- (4) Fresh water tanks
- (1) Fresh water wash tank
- (2) Stainless steel diesel tanks
- TRUdesign thru hulls, ABVCU-H27 rate
- (2) Raritan heads, electric
- (3) Raritan heads, manual
- All LED cabins
- Leather upholstery, 2018
- New mattress, 2018
- Yankee, staysail, Hydraulic main, and manual furling mizzen
- New main sail 2021
- New reacher 2020
- All hydraulic furlers
- Inmast main and mizzen sails
- Single handed configuration. All principal lines to cockpit
- (6) Mast winches
- (4) Cockpit winches
- (2) Anchors
- 200 ft. B chain
- Falcon/Tiger windlass
- (2) Ronstan furlers, jib is hydraulic power, staysail is manual power
- In mast furling, main is hydraulic mizzen manual
From the bow aft - Lewmar anchor windlass with rope and chain drums with foot button controls. (2) Ronstan roller furlers, deck hatches to all cabins, and salon with canvas covers. There are canvas covers to all teak toerails, and grab handles.
In-mast furling sail systems to both main mast and mizzen with Lewmar control winches for sheets.
There are full stainless-steel life rails from bow to stern. A large lazarette with propane tank and general storage.
Stainless-steel dinghy davits and solar panels to pilothouse roof.
Bow to stern canvas awning for total shade. This boat has it all, the perfect escape.
- (2) VHF radios
- ICOM 710 SSB
- Raymarine AIS 2020
- Raymarine radar
- Raymarine Axion chart plotter 2019
- Raymarine hydraulic autopilot
- (2)Raymarine instrument displays 2019
- Raymarine deep, speed and wind instruments 2021
- Simrad Forward scan 2021
- B&G Vulcan 7 chart plotter
- FLIR Camera 219
- (3) GPS antennas
- PDQ-50 Wi-Fi extender and antenna
- Samsung 40-inch LED TV 2020
- Lopolight navigation lights
- LED spreaders lights
- Underwater stern LED stern lights
- Dinghy with 25hp outboard
- Viking liferaft
- (4) Big fenders
- Owner's personal belongings including books, etc., and diving gear, etc.